Mold Inspections and Restoration
Water has another unfortunate effect. The air carries out spores. Spores that get attached to the walls and other places. If there is enough water in these places, these spores start to grow and create mold. It is not necessary to mention now how mold effects a person’s health. What is necessary is to point out that you need to inspect your household and your office buildings regularly for the formation of mold which may not always be visible.
Professionals such as the ones employed by Emergency Flood Team Encino have had the appropriate training and years of experience in where to look for the formation of mold and what to do to make it go away. They also know what to do when they see favorable conditions so that it does not form up at all. Perhaps this is even more important than removing the mold as it has the bad habit of slowly destroying whatever it is stuck on.
For a case where mold has already formed, the first thing to mention is that it is a great mistake to paint over a molded area. This will not solve the problem. Mold will continue to grow and will eventually penetrate the new paint layer and may cause even worse damage. Unfortunately, many people prefer to calculate the cost involved in a process of removing mold and reject the correct solution as they cannot afford it. We advise you strongly against such a practice. If necessary contact your insurance agent and see how much of the expense can be covered by your insurance contract.
The proper step one is to take away the source of moisture. Without it the spores cannot survive. Especially in porous areas, if the moisture is not removed, new mold will start to grow within 24 to 48 hours. Unfortunately such areas cannot be cleaned and have to be removed and discarded as they pose too much of a health hazard.
Once moisture is taken care of, we use a lot of ways to clean things up which vary from detergents, to HVAC cleaning, to wet vacuum, to dry ice blasting and other methods that will make sure that there is no more moisture left in the premises that can favor the creation of mold and that there are no other spores. In the end we clean up all the debris created from the process.
Another issue involved in removing mold and is not known to many people is that the people who remove it must be protected otherwise they run the risk of getting infected. Spores and mold are allergenic and sometimes even toxic. The symptoms of such an infection are a definite indication that an inspection must immediately be carried out as somewhere there is hidden mold. Our personnel are always equipped with protective clothing and apparel of the highest of standards to protect their skin and eyes, and perform their duties in the most sanitary conditions.
Either for an evident case of mold or for a case that you may only suspect the existence of a moldy spot, you need to call us at (818) 854-2988. We will schedule a next day inspection and assessment of the situation. We will also provide you with the cost assessment which you can then discuss with your insurance company.